• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten feeders (1 Viewer)

Nicola Main

I know the Osprey Centre will be closed in September but can you still access the feeding station? I'm hoping to get some Crested Tit photos while I'm away on holiday and heard this is a good place to try. Are there any other feeding stations nearby I could go to? Thanks in advance, Nicola.

If you take some peanuts and crush some and put them on the handrails etc they will come and feed. If you put some in your hand they will very often eat out of your hand.

regards

Merlin

If you take some peanuts and crush some and put them on the handrails etc they will come and feed. If you put some in your hand they will very often eat out of your hand.

regards

Merlin

We've been lucky enough to have coal tits eat of our hand but not been lucky with crested tits at the feeders I'm afraid.

I was there in July, but missed the Crested Tits (heard, but not seen). I asked at the centre, and was told that they had not seen much of the CTs, but that the best bet was the feeders at the side of the car park.

The other place I was advised to try, was the feeder station behind the community centre in Boat of Garten. I struck out, but hopefully you will do better.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back