• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

canon 40d battery problem (1 Viewer)

foxydave

hi can anyone help my canon 40d seems to have a problem ,after about 20shots it looses power flashing battery flat turn it off back on again it lasts another 20 shots same thing happens .even with new battery , :C

Sounds like a faulty battery to me , either that or you havent charged them up fully , but if its still under warranty you might as well take it back to where you bought it .

There was a problem affecting some 40Ds when used with the 85/1.2L, which a firmware release sorted.

http://photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00RJHP

I don't know if you are using that lens but I can see no harm from running the latest firmware, if you don't have it already. Available here....

http://www.canon.com/eos-d/index.html

Otherwise, if you are using a grip, there can be a problem where there is a little "nub" that is supposed to press into a hole in the battery compartment to enable the power. This is normally activated when the battery door is closed and deactivate when you pop the door open. If you use a grip and it is at all loose it is possible for the nub to not engage properly and thus cause power problems, so make sure the grip, if you have one, is snug. Don't tighten too hard though. There is a separate problem of a cracked tightening wheel if you tighten too hard and that then makes it impossible to remove the grip.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back