• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

where did my t. swallows go (1 Viewer)

deedee2

i have 2 houses with tree swollow families. i wait all year for them.i save my parrots fine feathers so i can play with them. i throw them in the air and they dive down to get them for their nest. i wil post pic of my one nest. it was the most pretty nest ive ever seen. now my question..in one house i had three babies who stayed around a few days , and 5 in the other. they just fledged 2 days ago. they are all gone..where do they go so fast. will they stay in my area.when do they start migrating from mo. for winter. deedee

i have 2 houses with tree swollow families. i wait all year for them.i save my parrots fine feathers so i can play with them. i throw them in the air and they dive down to get them for their nest. i wil post pic of my one nest. it was the most pretty nest ive ever seen. now my question..in one house i had three babies who stayed around a few days , and 5 in the other. they just fledged 2 days ago. they are all gone..where do they go so fast. will they stay in my area.when do they start migrating from mo. for winter. deedee

Deedee, welcome to Bird Forum!

You are so lucky to have Tree Swallows with successful nests. My luck was at best 50%.
Your birds should stay around for at least another month. Enjoy them, they are a real gift.

Hi deedee and welcome to the forum! I am sure you will love it here.

The parents probably kicked them out of the nest... most birds are ready to leave the nest before they can fly or get their own food. The fledglings make so much noise chirping, begging for their parents to bring them food. They can't stay hidden any longer. So it is dangerous for them to stay in the nest.

You have alittle while before they move south.

Best, Josh

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back