• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi gang.... (1 Viewer)

Merseyman

Hi all,I'm a newbie,got a question to ask...Ive found a nest in the shed at work,think its a blackbirds,just want to ask can I leave any food out for her?..only found the nest on Monday and looked in today and found four chicks in there whilst mum was out looking for grub most probably..thanks in advance for any advice ...the nest is not to far of the ground on a shelf so just worried about any stray cats being able to get in or the dreaded rats which unfortunately have been seen about the place...

Hi Merseyman and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

The parents will feed the chicks on worms and insects mostly. What you could do is provide food for the adults, such as mealworms. You can read more about Blackbirds here in our Opus section.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hello Merseyman and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to join us.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back