• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod Head Recommendation Needed (1 Viewer)

WGPu

Providence Petrel
I have a Vortex GT Pro tripod. As a tripod it's pretty good. The head is, at best, poor (IMHO).

I need a recommendation for a reasonably-priced (~<$150) head to use with a spotting scope.

What I would really like is a head that pans and tilts SMOOTHLY and can be QUICKLY/EASILY/accurately locked into place when I get it on target; particularly in the tilt plane.

If this has been already covered in another thread, thanks for your patience.:eek!:

Thanks.

Last edited:
That's interesting. A quick Google search seems to indicate that it isn't sold in North America. but for about $75.00 you can buy an add on piece to make the plain S4 Arca plate compatible.
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back