• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

displaying EXIF info (1 Viewer)

gatafrancesca

Hi, sorry for this silly question... :cat:
I like to check the EXIF info from my pictures, as it's very useful to learn about correct settings for a beginner like me. I normally do it opening a file with Photoshop and then checking the file info, but is there a simpler way to display such information? To make myself clear: when I have a look at my RAW files with the RawShooter slideshow, I can quickly see all the AV, speed and ISO settings while I enjoy looking at the images. I would like to know if there is any free program that can do the same thing with TIFF or JPEG files please.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Francesca Albini
San Cristóbal de Las Casas
Chiapas, Mexico

|=)|

Re: Irfanview - make sure you have the latest plug-ins installed too...

Another option is to use Opanda IExif - it's a free exif reader which can be installed as a browser plug-in - then you can simply open your image in a browser window, right click and select IExif from the menu.

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for your answers! Unfortunately I tried both Irfanview and Opanda and they seem to work great with jpegs but not with tiff files, unless you pay for a pro version of course. |:(|
Fracesca

Keith Reeder said:
Re: Irfanview - make sure you have the latest plug-ins installed too...

Another option is to use Opanda IExif - it's a free exif reader which can be installed as a browser plug-in - then you can simply open your image in a browser window, right click and select IExif from the menu.
Thanks Keith ,just got Opanda very good.

No probs, Bob.

You can use it to read the EXIF on pictures posted on websites too, if the information is available in the image - very useful.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back