• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ordered my first scope - Celestron Regal F 65 (1 Viewer)

Mabs

Morning folks.
A while ago I asked about what scope to get with my scholarship and got some brilliant advice. Someone mentioned celestron as being worth a shot.

For a while I got lured into the world of swaro's and leica's and no doubt if I had the money i'd get one. In the meantime the celestron should do me nicely.
It'll be nice getting down to the flat for some close up wader action and the hills for some raptor surveying.

Popped onto ebay for a look and came across the celestrons for 350. I had found them for this price elsewhere however...

I had a 10% off voucher for 'electricals' which combine with 'make an offer' (which incidentally binds you into buying if it is accepted) meant I am getting it with the 16-48 zoom delivered for £310. Looks like a good price.
I just need to find a bargain tripod and head that'll do.
My studies are almost coming to a close so I'll have plenty of time using down here for a while then up in Shetland for the Christmas period.

I'll keep you all posted on how I get on with it.

Cheers

Michael.

I am looking for a tripod to go with the Helios ED60DS I will very soon be buying :)

Not too expensive, not too heavy - I don't ask for much! ;-)

Which ones do you have and what price are you looking for? Feel free to PM me.

Well I must say it is a fine scope.
Had a brilliant time last night looking at Jupiter. The moons were tack sharp and I could clearly make out the colouration and lines on Jupiter.
Looking forward to seeing the great red spot transit on the next fine night.

I had my first bird outing this afternoon. 50 odd mph gusts but was good viewing to be had in the lulls. 20-30 Shellduck made the outing into wild weather worth it.
In a hide I got some stunning views of Bar tailed godwits, Grey Plover and a lot of Teal in falling light.

It looks like to be a good scope. Bit heavy but I'm o weakling ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back