• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osprey? (1 Viewer)

jeff

Whilst going to Brandon Marsh today 13:30ish i saw what a first i thought might be a buzzard, but as the bird turned it had bent wings like an osprey, i know there have been in the past few weeks fly over ospreys over this area, what are the chance of me seeing one?

Could it have been something else?

Any ideas before i stick in my list as possible osprey?

Hi Jeff,
Did you get any more 'solid' features on the bird,like approximate size and structure,underparts colouration,head pattern etc?
Harry

Harry Hussey said:
Hi Jeff,
Did you get any more 'solid' features on the bird,like approximate size and structure,underparts colouration,head pattern etc?
Harry
Not really, it was raining and i wasn't paying much attention as i was driving, i saw some sort of raptor flapping in the distance, first though buzzard, until it turned, it just had that sort of 'W' shape like osprey, but was fairly distant so no markings or features to report other that the shape.

Hi Jeff,
Ah,a sighting from a moving car in rain...with you paying attention to the road!I don't drive myself,but I know just how far off one's initial impressions of a bird seen from a moving vehicle can be!That said,it could well have been an Osprey,but since I didn't see what you did and there's not enough detail to go on above,then I can't say for sure either way!
Harry

Harry Hussey said:
Hi Jeff,
Ah,a sighting from a moving car in rain...with you paying attention to the road!I don't drive myself,but I know just how far off one's initial impressions of a bird seen from a moving vehicle can be!That said,it could well have been an Osprey,but since I didn't see what you did and there's not enough detail to go on above,then I can't say for sure either way!
Harry

Ok, thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back