• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Icmeler Turkey.28 may 11 june. (1 Viewer)

dubs1967

I have recently returned from turkey.I was on a family holiday staying in a hotel at the back of icmeler set in pine woods and craggy terrain.A great place for birds i thought ? The first thing i found was a rock nuthatch nest(2)with chicks being fed.Wow !I kept hearing a bird singing that sounded like a short chaffinch call with a zipping zit at the end of it.I could not see or find this bird and heard it at least twice a day.Very elusive.I have just checked the call of the Cinerious bunting and it matches.WOW ! A rare bird indeed.The was a distinct lack of small passerines,and most of the birds were extremely shy and elusive.The commonest birds were jays.I will post a full list later.I would be interested to hear any reports from this area.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back