• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pyrenees (Lammergeier), Barcelona, day trips and more, July 2012 (1 Viewer)

NickPomiankowski

I'll be in Barcelona between between 23rd - 26th July 2012 and have a day trip booked with Catalan Bird Tours, to THE PYRENEES (to see Lammergeier, Citril Finch, Alpine Chough, Black Woodpecker, etc.).

If I can find a sharer for this, and the actual dates are flexible, I'd also be up for a second day trip to the local LLOBREGAT WETLANDS and GARRAF MASSIF while I'm there.

SUMMER ITINERARY - http://www.catalanbirdtours.com/Spain birding/spain birding summer.html

If anyone not planning to be in Barcelona already wants to come out specifically, the company can build a short break around these two trips, accommodating one, two or three more birders for any number of days.

For more details, you can PM me, email them through the website above (mention BF) or PM "Stephen C" on Bird Forum.

Thanks
Nick

You'll enjoy your trips with Stephen C. He's a good man, and knows his stuff!

While you're in Barcelona, keep an eye out for peregrine falcons around La Sagrada Familia. The parks, especially Parc de la Ciutadella and Parc Guell, are good for birds, as is the woodland around Tibidabo beyond the latter. The port is always worth a sight. For more information on Barcelona have a look at the "Birdwatching in a big city, Barcelona" thread in the Vacation Trip Report forum.

Allen

I'm just back from a shared trip with Stephen and can recommend his tours. We had a 4 day trip list of 115 species including 7 lifers for me. He is very knowledgeable and good company, the packed lunches are also very good. I fully intend another trip with Catalan Bird Tours in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back