• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lammergeier reintroduction - Spain (1 Viewer)

desgreene said:
I found this short article on the Lammergeier reintroduction in Jaen province Spain:-

http://www.theolivepress.es/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=197&Itemid=42

Thought it might be of interest. It would be great to see these recolonise Southern Spain!!

Anyone know if others have already been released from this site? Particularly as these three were all males.

Des.

Hi Des
Hope you & Maria are well?, everything going ok with the house purchase'.

I believe these are currently the only Lammers released in this area with more planned for next Spring. I suppose having all male birds that aren't adult won't matter for the time being until maturity in a few years. It would be great to have these magnificent birds in the Sierra de Cazorla.

I was in your area last week and found a Black shouldered Kite at the saltpans near Las Marinas, do you know their status around Almeria?.

Best regards Jules

Jules Sykes said:
Hi Des
Hope you & Maria are well?, everything going ok with the house purchase'.

I believe these are currently the only Lammers released in this area with more planned for next Spring. I suppose having all male birds that aren't adult won't matter for the time being until maturity in a few years. It would be great to have these magnificent birds in the Sierra de Cazorla.

I was in your area last week and found a Black shouldered Kite at the saltpans near Las Marinas, do you know their status around Almeria?.

Best regards Jules

Hi Jules,
good to hear from you! The builders have just started work on the house this week which should be interesting to manage from the UK!

The article said one of the Lammers was heading for the Albacete area. I wonder if it will show up at the Griffon reintroduction site? It would certainly be a good source of food.

The Black Shouldered Kite was a good find. I've not seen one in the area before but I guess anything can show up at this time of year.

ATB,
Des.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back