• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tips/Tricks for the Legend Ultras? (1 Viewer)

rdfish1

Seems like I read a post where someone had a good idea on how to secure the large objective lens covers to the barrels/tubes but can't find the thread. In other words, someone said the lens covers are prone to come off and Bushnell does not sell or offer replacements. I could put a dab of glue but don't want to do that. Is there another idea on how to secure them to the barrels so i don't end up losing one/both?

any other tips/tricks? These are really great binocs

Don't know where you got the idea that Bushnell does not sell replacement lens covers - as they most certainly do. In a phone call to Customer service last month on another bino issue, I asked where I could get replacement covers and rainguard for an 10x36 Ultra HD, and they sent them to me for free. Got them 4 days after the phone call. They also have a form on their website to order parts.
http://www.bushnell.com/downloads/parts-information/BINOCULAR_PARTS.pdf

Either glue them(rubber cement) or put a rubber band on the end or loop it thru the lens cover ring and put the rubber band above the ring.

That's nice to know, thank you for clarifying. I did read a comment from someone about the lens covers but that might have been very old info. I might try the o ring idea. Not sure a dab of rubber cement will really adhere to the rubber exterior

i did deal w bushnell on ddiff issue and they were great

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back