• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow? ID in Richmond, VA (song attached) (1 Viewer)

megrobbs

Hi, hopefully the attachments work. Every day this bird sings the same song outside my office window all day long. He sings at the top of a very tall tree and I can't get a good look at him. I think it's a sparrow but once I saw him on a power line but my phone only got the attached silhouette which confused me even more because of the long non-sparrow looking tail. Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Attachments

• New Recording 2.m4a
    220.8 KB · Views: 35
  • File_000 (10).jpeg
    File_000 (10).jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 45
This is a Song Sparrow. They have a fair bit of variation in their song between birds, but this one is within the limits of "normal". It is very like them to sing pretty much all day, and they are a long-tailed species as sparrows go.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back