• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poking Fun at Ourselves... (1 Viewer)

The references to Pink Floyd and LSD make me think of the tragic plight of Syd Barrett, those who experimented and weren't adversely affected definitely have stories to tell, but any further experimentation would be ill advised. Now that I've thrown my usual monkeywrench into the thread, carry on. :-O

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_Barrett

True. Very sad story, a superb musician. But he seemed to have made a conscious decision to eschew fame and the crazy lifestyle....tomes have been written about him, asking the usual 'schizophrenia or drugs or both'-type questions, but ultimately he lived a quiet life painting and I hope he was content. A lot of artistic geniuses end badly, very few become wealthy; Barrett was lucky, royalties ensured care and comfort for the rest of his life, he did what he wanted to do and stayed out of the limelight. Maybe his was not such a sad story after all, when you consider the number of musicians from the era who succumbed to excesses. (At least he was spared the sordid court cases involving other Pink Floyd members and unpaid royalties to the kids who sang on 'The Wall', or to the woman who sang on 'Dark Side...'.)
But where was I....you're right....yes folks, if you want Psychedelia, play with the colours and binoculars, eat nothing that you wouldn't give to your granny;)

Last edited:
I've always figured that my total abstinence from drugs and alcohol is the reason for my ability to completely and accurately discern the differences in optics. :-O

I've always figured that my total abstinence from drugs and alcohol is the reason for my ability to completely and accurately discern the differences in optics. :-O

Well in that case, SD, your expertise is urgently required on the subject of whether or not the 'Alpha is Dead';)!

Is Arnold lane a purveyor of Alpha binoculars?, now careful with that axe, chopping up all those Tract and mavens, it will echo meekly to the gnashing of Denco soon enough.

Love Eugene

The references to Pink Floyd and LSD make me think of the tragic plight of Syd Barrett,

LSD = Limited Slip Differential and is a transmission device that controls the torque being delivered left and right to both driven wheels of a car.

Also don't forget Peter Green blues-master extraordinaire who also suffered from a desire to escape from the music industry although he made a comeback of sorts much later. I haven't read that he was affected by hallucinatory drugs but in some small ways his case is similar to Barrett's.

Perhaps we should remember this is the season of goodwill and give thanks for the blessings we have.

Lee

That is odd SD because I had always thought your abilities were entirely due to your consumption of drugs and booze.

Just goes to show how mistaken one can be.
But not this time :-O

Lee

Just yankin' your chain Pal

If Keith Moon were alive today would be have an Alpha, or possibly a mid or lower tier model, what about Hendrix ? :eek!: :-O

Attachments

• 20130228-keith-moon-624x420-1362092250.jpg
    20130228-keith-moon-624x420-1362092250.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
If Keith Moon were alive today would be have an Alpha, or possibly a mid or lower tier model, what about Hendricks ? :eek!: :-O

Told you: SD can't keep off the booze: Hendrick's is Gin

Hendrix was the rock god

Dear oh dear oh dear........

Lee

Attachments

• hendrick_s-gin-1.jpg
    hendrick_s-gin-1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 14
Seems you're mistaken Lee, I checked my post and, lo and behold, my spelling is correct. ;) :king:

Hi SD

Depends what you meant by Hendricks which is certainly a brand of gin as you saw from the pic. I guessed you meant the famous guitarist whose official website address is https://jimihendrix.com/ and as you can see his surname ends with an 'x'.

However I could be guilty of jumping to the wrong conclusion so I wonder what other Hendricks you were referring to.

It was all good banter and not important at all :king: :t:

Lee

Lee

I went back and changed the spelling, then claimed it was always correct even though the edit is shown at the bottom, get it, he heeee. :-O Stay with me on these important posts, you're killin me Lee, KILLIN me.:king:

Is this fellow holding the guitar backwards in the attached image the Hendrix you were speaking of ? I was originally referring to Billy Bob Hendricks, the guy who played guitar in our high school pep band..:king:

Sorry for the confusion, it's all in good fun.

Hi SD

Depends what you meant by Hendricks which is certainly a brand of gin as you saw from the pic. I guessed you meant the famous guitarist whose official website address is https://jimihendrix.com/ and as you can see his surname ends with an 'x'.

However I could be guilty of jumping to the wrong conclusion so I wonder what other Hendricks you were referring to.

It was all good banter and not important at all :king: :t:

Lee

Attachments

• jimi-hendrix-live-wallpaper-desktop.jpg
    jimi-hendrix-live-wallpaper-desktop.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 16
Lee

I went back and changed the spelling, then claimed it was always correct even though the edit is shown at the bottom, get it, he heeee. :-O Stay with me on these important posts, you're killin me Lee, KILLIN me.:king:

Is this fellow holding the guitar backwards in the attached image the Hendrix you were speaking of ? I was originally referring to Billy Bob Hendricks, the guy who played guitar in our high school pep band..:king:

Sorry for the confusion, it's all in good fun.

LOL, you cheatin' dude :t:

Of course Billy Bob Hendricks later changed his name to Billy Bob Thornton and married Angelina Jolie which must have been interesting..... :eek!:

You flatter me by saying I am KILLIN you but perhaps you are not aware that Killin is a tiny village in Scotland. Don't know if Billy Bob or Angelina have been there though..:-O

Happy New Year folks.

Lee

I am aware, and that was exactly the reason for the slang spelling. Amazingly enough Billy Bob and Angelina have a secret underground bunker on the outskirts of Killin that they stay in on occasion, there's even a guest room for Brad Pitt. Billy Bob and I still visit sometimes due to our high school connection, he tends to " tell all he knows" if you know what I mean ? :smoke: :-O

You flatter me by saying I am KILLIN you but perhaps you are not aware that Killin is a tiny village in Scotland. Don't know if Billy Bob or Angelina have been there though..:-O

Happy New Year folks.

Lee

I am aware, and that was exactly the reason for the slang spelling. Amazingly enough Billy Bob and Angelina have a secret underground bunker on the outskirts of Killin that they stay in on occasion, there's even a guest room for Brad Pitt. Billy Bob and I still visit sometimes due to our high school connection, he tends to " tell all he knows" if you know what I mean ? :smoke: :-O

Wow. The bunker thing isn't surprising as many posts on here are a load of old bunkers, but they are mainly mine and yours so thats OK. I must admit I admire Angelina more than Billy Bob but at heart I am a Cate Blanchett dude. The movie 'Pushing Tin' has got Billy Bob, Angelina and Cate in it and the cinematography has got this amazing plasticity ....... :-O

Lee

Here's To YOU!

2017's around the corner...Time to Toast to Future Good Health, Happiness and of course, Heavenly Optics!!! :king: B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) o:D

Blessings to You and Yours in the New Year,

Ted

Attachments

• 2017 TOAST!.jpg
    2017 TOAST!.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back