• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The way to print out the brids .... (1 Viewer)

AndyTk

I actually have some questions for you all.
Have you ever tried to print out the birds photo you took before ?

How ? and what kind of printer do you guys recommend ?

I am actually using Epson but would like to find out some
bulk ink system for saving money.

Something like: http://www.InkRepublic.com

Just wondering do you guys have any experience with using this kind of system or do you guys have better way to print out birds' photo

Hi Andy,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators welcome to Bird Forum :t:

At present I don't print out that many photos, at least not large sized ones, mainly as I lack a decent printer too. I'll be interested in the replies myself.

I have an ageing Lexmark printer which whilst it does take a photo cartridge, really isn't a top quality printer and I wouldn't recommend it for decent prints. I can do A4 but not borderless.

What I do do for record shots and sample photos is use a dye-sublimation printer which prints out decent quality A6 post card sized prints.

If I want a larger print then I simply use an online printing service or there is always Jessops!

Last edited:
We have an HP 3820 A4 inkjet. Prints up to 4800dpi, excellent quality for up to A4 (also not borderless of course) great value for money, should be available in your neck of the woods (NY) for less than 100 bucks.

I just noticed you wanted a bulk system for ink. The 3820 has only one cartridge for all colours but it lasts quite a long time and with available kits probably rechargeable.

Last edited:
I have a Canon i905D, not cheap but super quality. You don't even need to have it connected to a computer as it has its own mini screen to view pictures and then you can tell it which ones to print and also the size to print and whether to be borderless or not. Also has six separate ink tanks which seem to go on for ever. Very quick at printing out a full colour A4 image.

I use the same as Karwin,similar,HP 5552.I think the chap in Curry's saw me coming as he kept mentioning it used a special photo print cartridge.Having said that,the quality of the prints esp A4 is superb,but the cartridges are expensive.I buy all mine from Jersey,(not 7 day shop),MXU Food company ,I think they are called,and they do have special offers on cartridges.But I would not recommend this printer in terms of economy,also it is tempermental,if one forgets to insert paper,or the paper runs out,or jams at the back etc,the printer goes on a big sulk for 12 hrs,it just refuses to work.
But again,the prints are top quality.If I was buying another printer I would opt for one which accepted compatible cartridges,but I do wonder whether or not they would compromise on quality.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 900 which I like very much. It uses the same color ink cartidge system as the 1280, which is much more expensive.

As far as bulk ink, I can tell you that Consumer Reports, a major, unbiased magazine (accepts no advertising) recently reviewed inkjet refilling systems and recommeded AGAINST using them. The quality was much poorer than the manufacturer's cartidges, and it didn't appear that you saved much money in the long run anyway.

Hi Andy

I use a Canon printer for my bird photos which takes seperate ink tanks,this does bring down the cost a bit.Plus I would go with what other people are saying in that buying compatible cartridges is a waste of money the quality isn`t the same as the printer manufacturers own cartridges.If you`ve spent a lot of money on photography equipment only to print out with substandard cartridges then in my view it defeats the whole object.
Regards Steve.

Hi Andy

Epson 200 for me £85 at www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/ it comes with a full set of Epson cartriges 6 in total, it prints edge to edge, and it also prints your discs DVD or CD.

Compatible inks are available from /stores.ebay.com/NUTRONIC-LTD_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm they are called IMJET they are as good as Epson orig. they claim to use top quality American ink.

They print a fantastic photo and onle cost £12.50 a set or buy 3 and get a 4th free.

The printer is top notch and the inks are great to.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back