• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lost birds - the Ghostly 2008 quiz. Register now! (1 Viewer)

Any chance of some pics with birds in them? Or is this a follow-up to the psychic birders thread ;)

Rob, have a look at GVs previous quizzes. They're well worth sticking with even if they seem too difficult initially. Being near impossible at first is part of the fun!

optimist. 1 and 3 are visible, the 7 pixels of bird in pic 2 are hazard guesswork; id-able!

Ah, but (pic 2) are you looking at the small blob in the foreground, or the more distant but larger blob in the background ;)

Anyone can join in as we go along, as I am posting the answers at the end of the 15!

Well, I can't believe people are complaining that these are too difficult!!!!

I post the next three species here. Good luck and keep guessing. There may even be an easy one or two coming up!

Sean

Attachments

• lost4.jpg
    lost4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 143
  • lost9.jpg
    lost9.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 140
  • lost10.jpg
    lost10.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 139
Hello all

It would appear - yes, I concede - that no. 2 is a bit too difficult. As such, i post a much improved picture here (!). Everyone can have another go.

Sean

Attachments

• lost2.jpg
    lost2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 133
Here are the next three species. This is a case of open thinking - yes, it can happen and here is photographic proof! Don't worry if your answer sounds unbelievable.

Thanks for all the guesses so far. No-one with all six correct but one with five and two with four.

Happy squinting!

Sean

Attachments

• lost7&8&9.jpg
    lost7&8&9.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I know what it is but which bird Mr Cole?

Hello Mr Pointon.

Are you going to have a guess or nine?

Presumably you mean the last photo. As it says in the post, there are three species in the photo. You should guess them all - if you're hard enough. But your post infers that you don't know which bird is the species you think it is. Shameful - do you have a Collins bird Guide???

Everyone else - we are friends, I'm allowed to take the rip. And he is hard enough.

Mr Cole

Last edited:
Hello Mr Pointon.

Are you going to have a guess or nine?

Presumably you mean the last photo. As it says in the post, there are three species in the photo. You should guess them all - if you're hard enough. But your post infers that you don't know which bird is the species you think it is. Shameful - do you have a Collins bird Guide???

Everyone else - we are friends, I'm allowed to take the rip. And he is hard enough.

Mr Cole

Mr Cole.

Yes I know which bird is which, I know 2 sp for definite and one im not certain of. I need to find the time to get hold of them and blow them up on photoshop. Probably be tonight, more intriguing than watching anything thats on TV, but then again so's watching paint dry....

What channel is the 'paint drying' programme on Dan, E4? ;)

Every channel - my family are watching 'Tribute Factor' or what ever it is, absolute horse sh*te! My guesses are in, Mr Ghostly sir do I get extra points for location? After all you wouldn't of seen the bird if you didn't know where you were? You know it makes sense!!

So. The scores on the doors are?

D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back