• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Safe Raccoon Control (1 Viewer)

wroughtiron

Patriotic User
Hello BirdForumers, I just thought I would share a tip with you pertaining to raccoons. I have been experimenting with a powder that contains the scent (urine) of a coyote. The powder is 100% organic and totally safe to use around children, pets (wild birds) and plants. I sprinkle it anywhere I want to keep raccoons away. It also works great around garbage cans to keep raccoons from rumaging through your garbage. Raccoons will still come around, however, they will avoid any areas that have been sprinkled with the raccoon repellent.

As I gain more knowledge of the product, I will relay any findings to you. Thanks.

Attachments

• raccoon.jpg
    raccoon.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 162
Domestic Cat Powder

Kevin Mac said:
If you can prove it keeps cats away from preying on birds around feeders you will have made your fortune.

Thanks for your reply. They actually make a powder that contains the scent (urine) of fox and coyote which is supposed to repel cats. However, because I actually have some fox running wild on my property, I have never really had a problem with stray cats. I mean the coyote scented powder I am using for my Raccoons may actual repel cats also, however, I have no way of verifying it as I have never really had a big problem with cats.

Based on how well the Raccoon repellent is working, I feel confident that the cat powder (containing the scent (urine) of fox and coyote) should work. I mean I honestly couldn't see a cat hanging around to ambush birds with the strong scent of Fox in the air. A 20oz bottle of cat powder will protect an area up to 1200 square feet and it cost $15.95. I have inserted the link below for you to visit the website for information on the product. If you decide you want to try the product you can buy it from the same website.

http://www.critter-repellent.com/cat/cat-repellent.php

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back