• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Species from Hersek Lagoon-1 (in Turkey) (1 Viewer)

sgokce

Hi everyone,
One of my birder friends went to Hersek Lagoon today. He wanted me to ask for the species of these birds. Can u help him to id please? Thank u for your help up to now...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 152
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 135
1. Red-crested Pochard.
2. Adult Rough-legged Buzzard. Based on the map in the Collins guide it is a good record in Turkey.
3. Short-eared Owl.
4. Probably Common Buzzard.

I agree with CAU, I presume you have at least 1 new species for Hersek Golu with the Rough Legged Buzzard.A good record, as CAU says, & a very good days birding for your friend Serkan, I bet you wish you'd gone out with him!

ATB, Neil.

Thank u very much for the comments. I would love to join this great birding day. But i was at work. I hope to see them one day. By the way, the birds in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pics are new species for Hersek Golu and our city, Yalova...

Thank u very much for the comments. I would love to join this great birding day. But i was at work. I hope to see them one day. By the way, the birds in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pics are new species for Hersek Golu and our city, Yalova...

just to join in the applause- that's a great roughleg pic and record

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back