• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A little experiment (1 Viewer)

El Annie

Phew..............
Now that the Swallows have finally gone we have at last been able to put motorbike away in it's shed - as a result I have been able to re-claim the yard!! It is only a tiny yard but I decided I would put out some feeders and see what happens. Bear in mind that this is only about 4 yds from the kitchen and about 6yds from the back door which is in frequent use. I wasn't expecting anything to happen really, thought it was too confined but it only took a very short time for BT's to find it closely follwed by GT's. Today I brought the bird table up from the garden and put some bread/grain/sunflower hearts/water out. I am delighted to report that we also now have a very greedy Coal Tit and a Robin visiting.

From the kitchen window it is so close it's brilliant and hubbie is going to set up the camera see if we can get some nice photo's :eek:)

El Annie :t:

I should perhaps explain that we have a big garden with a lot of feeders only thing is it can't be seen from the house, have to go through a field to get to it. I often go and sit there for hours on end and I won't stop feeding down there but I missed being able to look out of the window and see the birds, thus the 'station yard'!!

El Annie :)

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back