• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop Rogue Internet Captures (1 Viewer)

Mick Sway

United Kingdom
I am getting rogue photos in my Photoshop files.
When I go into my organiser each time it comes up with the message and prompt :
"Add new files to watch folder"
These files appear to be random internet icons or captures from the internet.
They only seemed to have occurred since I joined the Facebook Lesvos Birders group. This might be coincidence however I can't help but feel that they are related.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how I might get rid of this nuicance?
Thanks
Mick

Attachments

• Photoshop 1.JPG
    Photoshop 1.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I'm guessing that somehow the Internet cache has become one of the "watched" folders that are automatically added to the Elements library.

I'm guessing that somehow the Internet cache has become one of the "watched" folders that are automatically added to the Elements library.

Sounds very plausible however where will I find this folder?
A search of explorer has drawn a blank.
By the way I have attached a screen shot to my original post.
Thanks
Mick

Quote from help document:
Remove Folders from the Watched Folders List
In the Organizer, click the File menu, and then click Watch Folders.

Whilst I thank you for this information, it doesn't help as believe it or not, there is no "File" menu in the Photoshop organiser.
The route of the files is as shown in my thumbnail above.

If I new the whereabouts of the folder they are stored in and or the reason why my laptop has suddenly started downloading random thumbnails from the net, I would be able to turn off the "watched folder" element.

Help still required.
Mick
:t:

Mick, have you tried doing a 'search for file' with one of the rogue file names on your laptop, it might give you the path to its folder.

Right!

You should have a File menu, there is an issue with it disappearing. Try the fix here http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/menus-missing-elements-8-9.html

When/if the menus appear try the File > Watch Folders thing I suggested earlier.

Best of luck!

Hey
Thanks for the info,Photoshop seems OK for now.
Having never seen the horizontal menu before I didn't know that it was there at all, so never thought to try to change the screen view.
Though this does not explain why the thumbnails keep appearing.
Thanks for the tips.
Kind regards
Mick
:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back