• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent service (1 Viewer)

den121

Thought I would let you know about repairs carried out by Leica to my BA binos which had been dropped and showed 2 images, one above the other .One barrel also fogged up and the Diopter cover was cracked.
I had a local company look at them first but they couldnt repair them and suggested the cost through Leica would be about £200-250.
So off they went to Leica. It took a bit longer than expected due to sickness at their MK headquarters.
Result, new rubber armour, new focusing mechanism adjuster, in fact they are in appearance and operation like a brand new pair.
Total cost £0.00
An accompanying letter states that since October 2008 all such repairs are now carried out free.
Now thats what I call excellent service
Den

The UPS man just delivered my Ultravids a half hour ago. I had sent them to Leica to fix the notchy focus wheel. After a few minutes use, the wheel is once again loose.

Last edited:
My wife's 11 year old 8x32 BAs had moisture inside. We took them to Leica's Milton Keynes HQ a month ago and got them back 2 days ago. They're like new! Leica sent them to Germany where the work was carried out under warranty so no charge. Excellent service indeed.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back