• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

looking for a natural/cool color biased bins (1 Viewer)

gwsudiro

Indonesia
Hello ^^

I'm looking for a bins that have natural or cool color bias, recently I've realized that I don't like the warm (red, yellow etc) color in a binoculars even if it makes more contrast.. ^^¡
My current binocular is a WilliamOptics semi-apo 8x42 with warm color, I noticed it when compared it to a Swarovski 10x42 EL (the only bins that I have ever looked through with relatively neutral color....)

So,could you give me some suggestion?? The max budget is around $200, not necessarily to be brand new, the mag is 8x or below with exit pupil 5mm or above..
A waterproof feature prefered...porro or roof, doesn't matter ^^

Thanks alot before....^^

Cheers
Galih

Galih,

At this price point, you are better off with porro binoculars.

The Leupold 6x30 Yosemite looked fairly neutral colored to me, the 8x30 should be the same.

Also, here's a professional review that agrees with that observation:
"We noted fairly impressive performance in some of the other things we routinely check. Color fidelity was good with no readily discernible bias in color. The image was quite bright for a 30-mm objective, and image quality was excellent too. There was little or no color aberration in the center of the field, even on brightly lit objects."

Excerpted from Optics4Birding.com review of the Leupold Yosemite Sams:

http://www.optics4birding.com/leupold-yosemite-binoculars-review.aspx

They cost around $80.

Qapla'

hello Brock ^^,
so, the leupold yosemite.... thanks alot for your advice brock... ^^...fuih.. I'm glad it's not pricey bins..hahahahaha!!!!!

cheers and best regards
Galih

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back