• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Wolf called Storm (1 Viewer)

Missed your post yesterday John. I think I've seen it before though and if it was the same one it was very good. Was she reliant on the caribou/ prancer herds up North?

Rich

Missed your post yesterday John. I think I've seen it before though and if it was the same one it was very good. Was she reliant on the caribou/ prancer herds up North?

Rich

No, this wasn't on the Tundra but in Wood Buffalo Park in Alberta. The wolves were the same ones that were in the buffalo hunt in the snow in Planet Earth (I think.)

Storm was a truly massive alpha male white wolf capable of stopping a yearling buffalo on his own.

Jeff Turner's narratives can be a bit "family friendly" but there's nowt wrong with his cinematography.

John

Thanks John. I don't know if you're interested but Land of the Lost Wolves is on BBC4 at 7 tonight. From memory(already shown to be dodgey) it was worth a watch.

Rich

Thanks John. I don't know if you're interested but Land of the Lost Wolves is on BBC4 at 7 tonight. From memory(already shown to be dodgey) it was worth a watch.

Rich

Thanks, I watched it (again). Another riveting programme, although the prehistoric moron ranchers fall into the category of people the world could do without. I accept their concerns about stock - but there are economic ways of dealing with that, and those guys are all about economics - but the straightforward lying demonisation of wolves as if they really are the fairy story big bad things makes my blood boil.

A million wolves dead to make the West safe for stock. And not one-millionth of that in proven human casualties....

Part 2 on Tuesday I think.

John

Brilliant programme - I watched it before. I love Wolves, they are very charismatic. They are an ultimate symbol of wilderness for me. in most of Europe they are found in less populated areas. I hope they can make a come back in Britain.

Brilliant programme - I watched it before. I love Wolves, they are very charismatic. They are an ultimate symbol of wilderness for me. in most of Europe they are found in less populated areas. I hope they can make a come back in Britain.

In a country where the landed gentry won't even tolerate Hen Harriers? Good luck with that.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back