• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Borneo/Malaysia Info Please! (1 Viewer)

Rycycle

Can anyone know of any links/boks on Malaysian wildlife/birds I could look at please. Going on a university field course there next year and will take some time afterwards to travel around the island a bit!! Should beat Artic Sweden from this year where I saw Rough-Legged Buzzard nests (and adults galore!), Bluethroat, Ptarmigan, Arctic Skua, Long-Tailed Skua, Cuckoo, Ring Ouzel, Brambling, Willow Warbler - ALL LIFERS!

So please help me have an even better trip!

Thanks very much
RHYS

Make sure you get a copy of the new "Guide to the Mammals of Borneo". I don't
know the author's name at the moment since the book is already packed (by my wife) for our trip there next week. It came in handy when we were at the Danum Valley. Being a student, you'll hopefully stay at the Field Center. Make sure you at least day trip to the BRL. It's grounds are amazing for everything. One last thing--there will be many excellent books at the airport in Kota Kinabalu or Kuching. Have fun. We'll be in the Kelabit Highlands of Sarawak looking for that dark spider hunter......

I agree with Chris Guide to the Mammals of Borneo is the best mammal boo, when it comes to birds I would prefer the book Birds of Borneo, Sumatra, Java and Bali(the book birds of Borneo dont have illustrations on many birds) which has illustrations on every bird species that can be found on Borneo. Then if you are intrested in reptiles I would say the books, turtles of Borneo, Snakes of Borneo, lizards of Borneo, moths of Borneo and frogs of Borneo.

May I ask where in Borneo you are going too?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back