• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa del sol birding (1 Viewer)

ross12

Hello to all

I just wondered if anyone help with any good birding sites and what i may expect to see on a holiday in costa del sol area next week, many thnks

Hello to all

I just wondered if anyone help with any good birding sites and what i may expect to see on a holiday in costa del sol area next week, many thnks

Try typing 'serrania de Ronda' into this search box and read some of Black Wheatear's posts, or follow John Cantelo's posts - he has done a superb guide to Andalucia's best bird areas.

Depends on where you're staying? Good luck.

Hi Ross

Have emailed to you some suggestions! Try the Rio Guadalmansa for Bee-eaters, and as Jon said, the mountains near to Ronda are just in their prime at the moment!

If you're flying into malaga try the reserve at the mouth of the Gudalhorce just 10 mins from the airport. BUT DO NOT leave anything in your car when you go for a walk. Mine was broken into and I lost my case a few years back......
The ponds here are good for all sorts, and the sea is worth a look too.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back