• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can u help me Id this please (1 Viewer)

Lol

Seen this morning at Lavernock Point - South wales, Uk.

Loud single note call - from top of tree. Red undertail coverts not show in this (rather optimistic) distant shot - and the crown was more obvious than it appears here. Size between Greenfinch and Blackbird.

Attachments

• Dscn0385.jpg
    Dscn0385.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 205
Looks like a bulbul of some sort. But i wouldn't know anyway. Never been to the UK.

Look like a Red-vented Bulbul, Lol. Presumably an escape.

EDIT: I meant to say Red-whiskered.

Last edited:
Hey, that´s a bulbul- an escape !!
Sorry, but without literature I cannot give you which Bulbul species (think it is an asian one though)-but no doubt somebody else will do so soon.

Jörn

Nope, certainly not a Red-Vented Bulbul.
All bulbuls to me look the same, except the Red-Whiskered Bulbul, which is very similar to the one in the photo.

Thanks for the very useful pointers - I have just checked a few images and Red-whiskered Bulbul fits very nicely - thanks

...presumably an escape

(Lol is an abbreviated form of Lawrence)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back