• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

grackles, grackles, grackles..... (1 Viewer)

warhawknm

I made a small bird oasis at my grandmas house. Bird bath with water wringler, flowers, several hung bird feeders. I originally put out oiled sunflower as all I read is this is the best seed to attract most birds. Well, grackles and starlings were breaking my wallet. I have since put out safflower seed as I read grackles, starlings, and squirls don't like it. It has helped a lot! But am I losing attraction to other birds? I get house finches, and umm house sparrows and thats about it. A carninal and dove-on the ground searching, pecking. I am waiting for a squirl proof suet cage. I hope this will bring back my woodpecker and attract other birds. I'd love to put out fruit and nuts but not until I get grackle/squirl proof feeders.

P.S. That chipmunk wiped out a full platform feeder of seed in less then 12 hours!:C

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back