• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Todays catch (1 Viewer)

Musoman

PETE - Nikon/Sony Shooter
United Kingdom
Took the scope / Barlow to Otmoor RSPB yesterday and grabbed some shots of birds that i've never had the privelege of photographing before.

Those particular birds ( in order of posting ) being the Curlew, Egyptian Goose , Little Egret, Redshank, Shoveller,

Not entirely happy with the IQ still, but most of these shots were at a fair distance. The IQ on the Grey Heron is probably the best, and even though it was still at some distance like the rest, its so big it was easier to get better focus :eat:

Attachments

• Curlew 2.jpg
    Curlew 2.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Curlew.jpg
    Curlew.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Egyptian Goose.jpg
    Egyptian Goose.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Little Egret 2.jpg
    Little Egret 2.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Little Egret.jpg
    Little Egret.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 106
and the rest

Attachments

• Redshank 2.jpg
    Redshank 2.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Redshank.jpg
    Redshank.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Shoveller 2.jpg
    Shoveller 2.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 98
  • Shoveller.jpg
    Shoveller.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Heron 2.jpg
    Heron 2.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 89
Lastly, the Pochard. The last shot is rather strange, but i reckon he may have been an extra in the X-Men films

Attachments

• Pochard.jpg
    Pochard.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 97
  • Pochard 2.jpg
    Pochard 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Pochard X2.jpg
    Pochard X2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 107
On the continent they use that method to ring ducks for identification. Alain can tell you where the bird was originally tagged.

The photos you took were pretty good overall. I think the poor IQ ones are just down to heat effects. There's some evidence in the bokeh that this could be the case. I liked the male Shoveller best.

Any idea what the Egret was eating?

Paul.

Aha - thanks Paul, i wasnt aware of the tagging system thing.

Yes there was definately a fair bit of heat about on Wednesday, so well spotted.

Also, the lateness of the day meant the sun was virtually head on, and so it made life a wee bit difficult in some respects.

Mail Delivery Subsystem to me

show details 22:09 (0 minutes ago)

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back