• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter urgently needed! (1 Viewer)

Cuckoo-shrike

Could someone please advise where I can obtain an LCE "SCE190/A3" adapter for my Kowa 30xWIDE eyepiece and my Coolpix 4500? My local supplier's supplier is out of stock. It's required urgently for a trip to Estonia on 30th.
Many thanks.
Andy

You're usually better off dealing with the Winchester branch (Trevor Codlin if possible)... though I think there's another digiscoping-friendly branch in the south west.

The London camera exchange branch in Southampton also stock the adapters (02380) 221597.

Regards Steve.

Glad you got it sorted, Andy. Winchester is effectively digiscoping hq for L.C.E. The other good branch is Exeter.
Don't know why i plug them...they still haven't got my site up on their digiscoping site :( Be interesting to know how many sales i've put their way over the last few years.... still, it's the best adapter in my book, so thats why i plug it so often

Andy Bright said:
Glad you got it sorted, Andy. Winchester is effectively digiscoping hq for L.C.E. The other good branch is Exeter.
Don't know why i plug them...they still haven't got my site up on their digiscoping site :( Be interesting to know how many sales i've put their way over the last few years.... still, it's the best adapter in my book, so thats why i plug it so often
What book is this??

And bye the way why has everyone except me got a little think sign next the online/offline light??? in the forum??

mickporter said:
What book is this??

And bye the way why has everyone except me got a little think sign next the online/offline light??? in the forum??
As you ask 'the essential guide to digiscoping' in conjunction with Nikon/Birdwatch mag ;)
Do you mean the little triangle with the exclamation mark in it? That's the 'report post to moderator' button... for use in emergency situations only, misuse of the feature can result in a fine of £100 ;)

Andy Bright said:
As you ask 'the essential guide to digiscoping' in conjunction with Nikon/Birdwatch mag ;)
Do you mean the little triangle with the exclamation mark in it? That's the 'report post to moderator' button... for use in emergency situations only, misuse of the feature can result in a fine of £100 ;)
So I am not trusted to have one then....... you obviously know me as a compulsive presser!!!!!! Must be a bit like pulling the emergency cord on a train..... LOL

mickporter said:
So I am not trusted to have one then....... you obviously know me as a compulsive presser!!!!!! Must be a bit like pulling the emergency cord on a train..... LOL
You're hardly going to report your own post to the authorities, are you?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back