• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EU Ban Import of all Wild Caught Birds (1 Viewer)

I heard about this on Friday and it is great news for wild birds. Wild bird capture has contributed to a decline in some species.

Well done to the RSPB who have been campaining for this for some time.

Dean

Cheadle Birder

Excellent news - is it my imagination or is Brussels starting to make a habit of getting things right on the wildlife front?

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Don't speak too soon the debate on Malta takes place this week no doubt too late to stop the slaughter for the coming migratory birds.

At the request of BirdLife Malta I have written to the Maltese Government and have been asked by David Camilleri to write to the Prime Minster of Malta and all government/ cabinet ministers as well. Luckily I have the day off tomorrow so I will fill their post boxes.

The EU are debating this issue next week but no decisions will be taken. sadly thousands more will die on migration.

Ann :clap: :scribe: :egghead:

This is good news. Obviously it will drive a lot of it underground but it will still reduce the volume which we should not sniff at.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back