• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sketches made in Photoshop (1 Viewer)

Judi2

Hi All,

I have so many bird picture now that I was looking for ways to use them along with Photoshop and/or Painter.......Have there been others who are using these programs to get a sketched effect??

Attachments

• Sketch.jpg
    Sketch.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 217
It has got to be easy or I couldn't do it judi.This is from a photo I took of some local shops. Used Stylize-find edges- desaturate, then maybe levels/curves.

Attachments

• Boxleys-1.jpg
    Boxleys-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 160
John N said:
It has got to be easy or I couldn't do it judi.This is from a photo I took of some local shops. Used Stylize-find edges- desaturate, then maybe levels/curves.

Yes, I had forgotten about stylize......I love the scene....I'm just glad to find someone who knows PS......I got a remote angle finder for Christmas and "got into" birds to "try it out".......and I started looking for a bird forum.....but wanted to do something in PS or painted........ So, you're from the UK?? I am on a UK forum ......so I feel almost "at home"..... also have a Pbase site..
http://www.pbase.com/judi2 Do you have a gallery???

When I'm not painting or taking photos, I'm playing around in Photoshop. This bird I have extracted off the fence and placed him in a bottlebrush shrub. It's a very simple and quick way of seeing how the bird looks in a different environment, and checking composition etc. The method involved copying, pasting into new image on a separate layer, using the eraser and clone stamp to clean up around the edges of the bird, copying a new branch for him to sit on. From here you can apply any of PS filters to give a painted effect.

Attachments

• HoneyEaterBttleBsh.jpg
    HoneyEaterBttleBsh.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 146
  • HoneyEaterBttleBsh2.jpg
    HoneyEaterBttleBsh2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 138
  • HoneyEaterBttleBsh3.jpg
    HoneyEaterBttleBsh3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 136
This is a painting I have just finished. Just one bird, photographed twice at different angles at the bird bath, extracted and placed in the bush. (No way was I going to paint all those leaves!)

Attachments

• NoisyMinors.jpg
    NoisyMinors.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 159
Both are great PS work.......very creative.........and the second one is totally beautiful...thanks for sharing your ideas....will have to try them...

I just bought a wacom intuos3 tablet and pen. I have been using those to draw some of my photos. Here is one:
winter_wren_1_dr.jpg

No effects used. I drew a new pic based on the original photo.

A couple more are here:
http://www.aves.is/aves/birds/php/drawings.php?lang=1

I highly recommend a intuos3 for PS sketches and artwork.

Last edited:
I couldn't take a decent photo to save myself from certain death... LOL So, I just draw them or paint them. Kate

Attachments

• ACEO goldfinch in the pink maine rose bush.png
    ACEO goldfinch in the pink maine rose bush.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 99
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back