• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Festive Tyke Meet (1 Viewer)

northernloon

swimming in a virtual sea
At the Barmston meet there was some discussion about an end of year bash. The consensus seemed to be in favour of an outing to Potteric Carr. As it happens Christmas is on a Saturday this year, therefore the Monday and Tuesday are Bank Holidays. So as a first suggestion the 27th or 28th might be a good time. I know it's a long way off, but having followed the comments on the Community Meeting thread I thought I might just flag it up here as well. As BirdFlower mentioned it can be easy to miss Tyke meets. I dipped out on the woodlark trip for the same reason.

Suggestions on a postcard...

Last edited:
As usual I will be working so will have to give this one a miss.

Can I request that if you see any interesting mammals e.g. Mole, please don’t send me texts to grip me off. It’s bad enough working over Christmas as it is!

As usual I will be working so will have to give this one a miss.

Can I request that if you see any interesting mammals e.g. Mole, please send me texts to grip me off. It’s bad enough working over Christmas as it is!

You want gripping texts? NP

im off work at that time but I may be booked in for a meal at some families house will have to check (and get permission from MrsK!)

we may make this one again, try not to arrive late and miss everyone this time.

though i suspect it might be closed both of those days.

think it was closed on the bank holidays last year

Bank holiday closing

I've just called Potteric and it will be closed on the 24th and doesn't re-open until Wednesday 29th.

How about Wheldrake and the LDV as an alternative? Any other suggestions welcome?

Wheldrake etc will depend greatly on the water levels nearer the time. If the levels are too high it'll be scuba gear not scopes we'll need.

Wheldrake and LDv ! My patch.....will have to get them there scouts out if thats the call...Knocker!!!!!

I'm going to Potteric 8 times between now & Christmas, so didn't really want to go again. Is that definitely a dead duck? I wouldn't mind Wheldrake, as I haven't been for 3 years, and it would be good to check it out before my classes there in the new year. Any other alternatives?

I'm going to Potteric 8 times between now & Christmas, so didn't really want to go again. Is that definitely a dead duck? I wouldn't mind Wheldrake, as I haven't been for 3 years, and it would be good to check it out before my classes there in the new year. Any other alternatives?

Michael, Potteric is closed over Christmas and the bank holidays so we are looking for an alternative. I suggested Wheldrake but that is highly dependent on water levels.

We were looking at Wheldrake last year for a post Xmas meet but the water levels were crap.

Maybe Calder Wetlands can come up with the goods again, or how about the Sculpture Park?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back