• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poisonous snakes with the power to KILL PETS sweep across Britain (1 Viewer)

Gutter press. written by Nick Gutteridge. Are they somehow related?
I loved the photos. Are there really BlackAdders? I thought that was Rowan Atkinson.
And that young policewoman. Amazing! Not seen an Adder that large.
But what can one expect from a 'newspaper' that runs some of the other stories we can see on the page?

And that young policewoman. Amazing! Not seen an Adder that large.
But what can one expect from a 'newspaper' that runs some of the other stories we can see on the page?

That's because it is an escaped pet Python! Look at the markings....

But what can one expect from a "newpaper" that (etc)

John

It is good to see that most of the comments below the article are equally scathing about the quality of the 'journalism'. A diabolical article from a dreadful newspaper, if you can call it that.

Ron

Repeated for FJohn.
<Amazing! Not seen an Adder that large.> This time note the sarcasm font! I missed it first time around as I had my tongue in my cheek.

So this is the new take on news by the Express, is it? Ran out of cr*p about Diana and no extreme weather predictions so now they're starting on killer wildlife :-O Pillocks!

At least the comments underneath are reassuring that not everyone is a gullible fool ;)

I feel sorry for any wildlife that gets 'thrashed' in the local 'rag' press :C

People are mislead by all the stories, that they read about in the 'cheap' papers (and sadly the better informed papers at times..)

My friend was bitten by an adder (while on a walk on heather moorland in Scotland. She sat down to tie her laces and felt a bite in her wrist). Her arm swelled up to twice it size, and she was on anti-venom for a short time. She was in hospital for a couple of days and that was it all sorted.

Adders only want to be left in peace, and not have humankind screaming, having tantrums, having mad dogs growling/teasing the snakes, and frightening them until they are in shock and bite back.
Then they are blamed for acting as they do, and who can blame them in the first place. :king:

Last edited:
Thats an absolute disgrace to journalism. Whipping up hysteria against a native species that has actually declined massively is truly sickening. The Express never ceases to amaze me.

The stuff they print would be amusing if it wasn't for the fact that some gullible people believe it.

What amazes me is that despite this "newspaper" descending to an absolute farce, it is still quoted on radio 4 when they go through the headlines. What does it have to do to be relieved of its newspaper status? They never quote the Daily Sport. I'm basically in favour of a free press, but the Express goes beyond what is acceptable IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back