• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

OMG! Sweet Sweet Kramer Left For His Free Beer! (1 Viewer)

Oh my. I am so sorry. You must be devistated.
Nothing I can say can make things any better. Just hang in there.

Oh I am so sorry to hear the news, Lydia. As Gill has said take comfort in the fact that " you gave him a lovely life".

I echo the thoughts and feelings of everyone else Lydia. Knowing what he meant to you, it must be an awful wrench to lose him. I know you can't replace him, but knowing you, there'll be another something or other along soon that will need your love and care just as much as Kramer did. Keep smiling.

Baz.

Thank you all.

I am crushed! Crushed over the loss of our speckled friend. He's been a part of the family since June 1999. It is so very quiet now. NONE of the indoor birds sing! The other birds know too that he is gone. He has been through many hardships in his life but he always managed to be Kramer. Sweet sweet mischievous Kramer. How do I cope with the care of the plants without his ~help~? His wisdom is forever lost...

But ... I had to smile this evening when I realized that Heaven suddenly became a very fun place now that Kramer has arrived! No doubt he announced his arrival with his proclamation loud and strong:

I am Sweet Sweet Kramer. I am Sweet AND a Joy!"

Yes, dear Kramer. You are!

Well ... Before Kramer went for his free beer ... he did teach the African Gray Parrot, Pepper, a thing or two ... or 50. She's saying MANY of the things Kramer would say today. I didn't know she could / would do that!

Kramer's final gift for his family.

I am totally non-functional today! Here I sit all day ... :-/

I try to grasp at anything to help me cope with his loss!!! ... I hope we will remember the wise words he has said though the years. :*( :*( :*( ........

I miss my dear Kramer sooooooooooooo much! :*(

Sweet sweet! ......... :"(

Hi Lydia

I am so sorry to hear about your sad loss, Lydia :-C

Here I am a member on BF since July 2007 with x-amount of posts.

Each and every post you said everything about about Kramer had always got my attention each and every time.
All the ups and downs and his and your life, and he has been a huge part of your life

Animals are such a big part of our lives and where would we be without each other to love.

I will give you a huge hug Lydia {{{{{{hhhhuuuuugggg}}}}}}

RIP Kramer and bless you - you little sweet thing.

Regards
Kathy
x

Thanks Kathy. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

We think maybe Kramer had another stroke a few days before he died. He was unable to fly but ... he still had that mischievous Kramer twinkle in his eyes. He did seek us out too. Perhaps he knew his time with us was near the end? I must have found him where he was making his nest just moments after he died. He was still warm and the rigor had not set in. Perhaps another stroke caused his death?

I guess I knew too that his time was near the end.

Ultimately ... how fortunate we were to have met this finest of feathered fellows. So wise and so giving of his wisdom (and at the same time being sooo ~humble~) so that we may gain at least a little insight into the secret world of birds.

Honestly!!! Without Kramer who would have imagined that when birds die ... they go to a bar in Heaven for a free beer? :t:

He will forever remain in my broken heart ....

Dear Lydia.......I've not been on BF for soooo long and then the first post I read is this Heartbreaking news.......I am so very sorry Lydia, I loved to hear about his 'Speckled Highness ' and all your stories of him...my words won't come & I know there is nothing that I can say...but my thoughts are with you....Oh, Sweet Sweet Kramer, you will be so missed.......enjoy your 'free beer' Kramer and God Bless you for the happiness you brought to so many.........
Bless you too Lydia for making Kramers' life so happy & for the care you took of him (& so many others) but none I fear, will be missed quite so much as our dear Sweet Kramer.....RIP my dear friend...and...Cheers B :)...xx

Thanks Judo. {{{HUGS}}}

We can't believe he's gone! Pepper does his sayings and whistles and songs but ... it isn't him. There's Starlings in the back garden marching around looking for nestng materials yesterday and today. Their wisdom will carry on.

~SIGH~​

Oh no I am so sorry to hear about the unique Kramers passing. He had a brilliant life and his name was known in every corner of the world. He will be flying around up there in heaven singing his precious heart out to all who will listen.My signature is true I believe. :)

XX

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back