• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

in a shallow pond (1 Viewer)

lou salomon

the birdonist
vadu (dobrogea, RO), september 2004.

tryna id that wader? :flyaway:

jurij, if you remember this, keep out pleeeze

Attachments

• ct.jpg
    ct.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I can see Shelduck, Black headed Gull, a bird which is either a large Charadrius plover or a 1st W Little Gull (I'll say the latter). Which makes the Calidrid the vagrant.....

but thats looks so Dunlin like I can't get past it... maybe the foreground Gull is a Boneys but that seems unlikely.

Dunlin, BHG, Shelduck... and I'll have to think about the other bird!

Looks like a Little Gull to me.

The wader is hard, although I see what Jane's onto with Dunlin. I found myself wondering if it's a Snipe with most of its bill in the water.

ok, i must admit the wader is not id-able from this pic. and indeed structure looks more like dunlin and broad-billed sand. but it is not. the gulls are 2 or 3 BHG plus that juvenile little gull. you got to guess...

Attachments

• Kopie von img583.jpg
    Kopie von img583.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Kopie von img581.jpg
    Kopie von img581.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
i'd say bill length is just a bit longer than that of common sand. structurally it is more curlew sand than dunlin but it shares a feature with dunlin, actually it is much more accentuated in this sp. ;)

lou salomon said:
i'd say bill length is just a bit longer than that of common sand. structurally it is more curlew sand than dunlin but it shares a feature with dunlin, actually it is much more accentuated in this sp. ;)

I would say then Knot!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back