• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use Process of elimination : are you a BF donator, have you ever pissed off admin, are you likely to stick them on e bay, do you like salad cream sandwiches, do you hold your cutlery correctly, would you ever be seen out in a premiership football shirt even though you are an adult.

Usual things ;)

that's what i thought,very sensible answer

I almost forgot. Having trouble with the Swimming Pool filter.

New definition of a Swimming Pool: It is a hole in your back yard which you fill with water and money!3:):-O:C

We'll, that explains why I haven't won a ZR bin!

I haven't donated, I'm waiting to hit the lottery and make one big donation.

I've pissed off "an" administrator (thought there was only one, but maybe Steve means the administrator's administrator - his wife "-).

Salad cream doesn't sound very appealing unless you like mayo and mustard mixed together:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_cream

If I didn't like the Prime EDs, I'd hold my own giveaway and give it to someone who does like it but can't afford one.

I learned how to hold my cutlery correctly Northern style from my flatmate when I was an exchange student at the University of Manchester (he was from Chester).

To begin with, you don't switch hands to cut meat with your knife, and you turn your fork upside down and push the pea paste or potatoes or whatever overcooked mushy stuff they serve you in England and squish it to the bottom of the fork, and then lift the food to your mouth. The veggies are always overcooked and form a starchy paste so no worries about it falling off.

Assuming "football" means "soccer," I pass that one. Soccer wasn't popular when I was a kid, so no old "jerseys". But it's popular now. Everyday, kids play soccer on the field across the house accompanied by their "soccer moms" and sometimes soccer dads. Mini-vans and SUVs line the street.

They used to use the entire playing field, and no one every scored, because the kids would keep stealing the ball from each other before they could reach the goal.

Finally, they caught on this year and moved the goals closer together (a little more than half the length of the field now), so the goalie finally gets some action and each side gets to score some points.

Well, I really didn't want a Prime ED, anyway, said the Fox. :)

Brock

This competition will close at 23-59 BST today 16th May

Thanks for taking part.

Steve

..does this also imply that that a winner will be announced?!

Just seeking some clarity here.

You know, the way things are going/have gone, you could technically close this thread and then leave us HANGING IN SUSPENSE (for God knows how long?) waiting for the announcement of a winner!

Midnight in London has come and gone....

We use Process of elimination : are you a BF donator, have you ever pissed off admin, are you likely to stick them on e bay, do you like salad cream sandwiches, do you hold your cutlery correctly, would you ever be seen out in a premiership football shirt even though you are an adult.

Usual things ;)

LOL Steve - great answer!

Have succumbed to temptation and bought new teeny weeny bins for my Hong Kong trip, just in case I get a chance to do some birding. Less than half the size and weight of my old ones and very nearly as good, I reckon. Might use them all the time instead of my normal ones so my arms don't get so tired holding them.

And just to improve my chances of winning, I have not annoyed anyone on this forum afaik, I have been known to eat salad cream in my sandwiches (sandwich spread - yum!), I wouldn't sell the prize on eBay although I might donate my old bins to someone, if I am using cutlery then I hold it correctly but I do have a right-handed friend who holds their knife in their left hand - will this count against me? And what's a premiership football shirt?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back