• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where can I get a FSB-6 Bracket? (1 Viewer)

Dark Wolf

smeyer
Hi, I've been trying US stores for the FSB-6 bracket that is supposed to go with the Nikon Coolpix 5100.

Is Nikon not producing them, or they such a hot item they can't keep them in stock?

Argh!

sounds a bit odd to me, there are no stock problems with them in the UK - best bet may be to get your local Nikon dealer to order one for you, they may not be a stock item.

Fsb-6

That's good to know. I just got an email from Eagle Optics a very reliable birding supplier in Madison (Middleton) WI, that they still don't have the ETA but told me to check back in a week or two when Nikon will give them an ETA.

Still sounds odd to me, especially if available and frequently used in UK. There can't be anything wrong with them.

i think it has more to do with supply and demand, probably not that big a market for retailers to bother keeping in stock.
i'm sure any dealer could special order for you.
i found mine from a Japanese seller on ebay shortly after they were released last year.

word of warning to FSB-6 owners..
don't ever let your scope fall over backwards like i did once, what happened to me was the camera and bracket took the brunt of it, i thought all was ok until i noticed that the little screws (except 1) that hold the bracket together had all snapped off from the impact with ground.
i salvaged the bracket by taping it all together with cloth tape and it works fine.

just be careful : )

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back