• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I sold my binocular with paypal and they blocked my money (1 Viewer)

Nase

Hello, I need some help. One month ago I sold my swarovski slc binocular with paypal, the buyer sent the money in my paypal account and paypal immediately blocked my account, and they said that I need to verify my account and send a proof of address. The buyer already received the binocular ant he is very happy with it but unfortunately paypal don't want to give me the money. I sent my bank account statement and paypal don't accept it without any explanation. Is there any way to take my money, because it looks like paypal want to steal them. Can somebody help me and tells me what to do in this situation? Many thanks for your help!

Go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau in Guildford. There is one and it comes up easily with a Google search. Take all the info and if you have been in contact with Pay Pal with by laptop, tablet or mobile phone, take this with you. Don't worry. Paypal are making sure your money doesn't get stolen by someone else.

Good luck.

Lee

Hello, I need some help. One month ago I sold my swarovski slc binocular with paypal, the buyer sent the money in my paypal account and paypal immediately blocked my account, and they said that I need to verify my account and send a proof of address. The buyer already received the binocular ant he is very happy with it but unfortunately paypal don't want to give me the money. I sent my bank account statement and paypal don't accept it without any explanation. Is there any way to take my money, because it looks like paypal want to steal them. Can somebody help me and tells me what to do in this situation? Many thanks for your help!

With Credit Card in hand, I had to join an organization by going through PAY PAL-which has grown WAY too big for their britches!

I put in the name and number on my card but PAY PAL chose to still use a credit card I hadn't used in 2 years. Then, when I pumped in the number of the card I wanted them to use, they charged the WRONG card ... AGAIN!

Not only that, the money came out of a SAVINGS ACCOUNT that has NEVER been authorized for such ... EVER!

Then, when I tried to speak to someone about it I kept getting that glorious digital voice saying things like:

"I'm sorry, I didn't get that." (have you ever heard of a machine getting ANYTHING!)

I used the technique that usually gets you a person to speak to; I said:

"agent," "representative," "person," "human." Perhaps I should have said "considerably smarter machine," But, I was still locked into "I'm sorry, I didn't get that." There was MUCH wrong with the transaction the LIMITED issues the computer was programmed to handle couldn't ... handle!

But, I need to realize, this a new century and companies have so many takers for their services they feel no need to provide any "customer service." I think they feel taking our money is "customer service" enough. And when they go out of business, or are taken over, they will all sit around scratching their collective heads trying to figure out what went wrong because they're not smart enough to figure it out on their own!!! :storm:

Bill

There are lots of PayPal horror stories around, too many to dismiss.

That said, I've had no trouble ever with the PayPal service and still use it regularly to pay for stuff without supplying all the credit card details.

However, Ebay recently decided to switch to another payment service, perhaps because of the volume of grief they were getting from unhappy PayPal customers. Clearly PayPal has a problem with customer service. If they don't solve it, there are now others eager to take their place.

Ebay started, and used to own Paypal, they were split off a few years ago.

I have used them often for several years, and have had good success.

I think the OP should find out what went wrong, we can't help that on here.
And good luck.

Jerry

Ebay started, and used to own Paypal, they were split off a few years ago.

I have used them often for several years, and have had good success.

I think the OP should find out what went wrong, we can't help that on here.
And good luck.

Jerry

Hi, Jerry:

That would be a great idea, if you could find someone who would stoop to speak to you!

Bill

More information is needed about the transaction and your account before we decide that Paypal is or is not the culprit.

Paypal does have an account verification process and it is not clear that was followed. I suspect a mailed copy of a bank statement would not suffice.
Are you looking to transfer the funds from Paypal to a bank account?
Are you looking to use the funds to pay for a purchase?

I think you need to have someone who understands Paypal accounts and requirements look over the details of your account and help you get your funds. The solution will probably be fairly simple.

edit: I've used Paypal for domestic and international payments and resolved disputes through them with no problems. However their requirements are detailed and have to be followed.

FWIW Ebay is dropping Paypal and transitioning to Ayden.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back