• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox BD 8.5X42 BR (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rust

Hi, last week I ordered some Minox BD 8.5X42 BR... does anyone have this glass? I read the review... Any other comments on this glass?

Aaron,

I used to own the BD 10x42 BR before the ASPH lens technology. They were my first nice bino and I used them for many years. I sold them to a hunting buddy and he still uses and likes them. I replaced them with the Vortex Razor 10x42 and it was a definite step up.

Since then, I purchased a Minox BD8x32BR ASPH and they are TERRIFIC!!!! I am really pleased with them. If the 10x42 ASPH has the same type of view, I would be tempted to purchase them and sell my Razors.

I would assume that the 8.5x42 you have ordered will be terrific. I assume you are referring to the ASPH lens versions. If so, I think you will be very happy.

FH

Thanks! I have the binos... they are aspherical... and great glasses. I have heard that they have a problem with C.A. I only noticed it on a cloudy day when a bird was on a dead limb and only at the edge of the glass. It was noticible but as long as you look in the center of the glass there was no CA present! The longer I use them the better i like them!
Aaron

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back