• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jamaica (1 Viewer)

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
Anyone done an independent trip to Jamaica? Any travel/accom advice, or link to self-guided trip report welcome.

cheers,

Larry

A friend of mine did it and was held up at knife point at one site, not sure which.

Extreme caution is reccommended in places but it's high on my 'to do' list anyway.

Andy

I haven't seen him for years and he tends to fly under the radar but I'll do what I can.

Just to add that he's a pretty hefty firefighter and that didn't prevent the attack which ultimately failed after he fought back with a brick!

Andy

Last edited:
Green Castle Estate

We were looking at a week in Castle Green Estate - endemics all in the grounds or close by. They arrange days out or just do it yourself.

We spoke to manager at the Birdfair and it sounded like a good place to base yourself and also to relax for non birders.
There is more at www.gcjamaica.com or email them at [email protected]

thanks D and S, I'll look into that :t:

just found a recent report of a long weekend clearing up on all endemics but the owl, with just a hired 2WD and no guide, so starting to look doable.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back