• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BoP Capetown (1 Viewer)

Wimpy

Thought I had managed to ID all my recent birds (with the help of you guys) but here is one I missed. Seen in September over Strandfontein Water Treatment plant.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    568.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2199.jpg
    IMG_2199.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 93
Thanks everyone for your input. I jumped in with the "tick" as we had both birds that day over the reserve. However I could not identify the poor quality image I had taken.

..and you don't want to just tick something straight away based on the first opinion of an unclear image posted on here!

sorry for the misID, i should have checked the location! even without that i shouldn't have been that decisive about the ID as initially i also thought 'black kite'.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back