• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World wide warranty? (1 Viewer)

pinussen

Hi,

I'm popping over to New York next week for work and thought I may take the opportunity to look at (or even buy :king:) some alphas. Some nice savings compared to Sweden. But how does the warranty work for the big dragons? Will it be OK in Europe if i buy the bins in the US?

Mainly looking at the Swarro, Zeiss, Leica and Nikon.

//Björn

I would think that if you had a warranty issue on any of those makes, and you bought the item in the US, then you would have to ship it back to their US facilities in order to have it repaired/replaced.

Found this for Swarovski:
"For warranty services all products purchased in the United
States, our only warranty authorized service is through
Swarovski Optik North Amerika."

Otoh in the Swedish version it just says roughly:
"We keep the right to invoice the full cost for repair on equipment not imported by an authorized dealer". Nothing about it having to go back to US there.. I'll keep digging on the other brands.

//Björn

Can't find anything about this at Zeiss. Nikon mentions something called Euro warranty and world warranty, haven't found more precisely what that means.

Hi,

I'm popping over to New York next week for work and thought I may take the opportunity to look at (or even buy :king:) some alphas. Some nice savings compared to Sweden. But how does the warranty work for the big dragons? Will it be OK in Europe if i buy the bins in the US?

Mainly looking at the Swarro, Zeiss, Leica and Nikon.

//Björn

I think the manufacturers in question would be in the best position to give you a definitive answer. And they should be able to provide a list of authorized dealers in New York. If you buy the binoculars from one of the NYC electronics/photo houses you should request that it not be grey market.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back