• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Singh with limited knowldge oof Birds-Stumped..lol.. (1 Viewer)

Dr Manjeet Singh

Dr.Manjeet Singh
Singh with limited knowldge of Birds-Stumped..lol..

Had gone to Ulu Tiram,Johore Baru,Malaysia..at my brother house among some trees saw this..?Warbler/Babbler or something else..dying to know it'sI.D..PLEASE..lol....Thank you in advance..:t:

Attachments

• tnlanceon-1_filtered.jpg
    tnlanceon-1_filtered.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 62
  • tnwarbler_filtered.jpg
    tnwarbler_filtered.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Striped Tit-Babbler. Very streaked compared to the ones we have here in Vietnam, but I believe they are like that in your part of the woods. Difficult to judge size though, Tit-babblers are tiny.

Hanno ..it's size was about 2times the size of a of a brown-throated Sunbird..may be a little bigger..i noticed the size because..there were three other Brown-throated Sunbirds in the flock...and all of them were hopping around each other..Regards.:t:..

Last edited:
OK, so Tit-babbler it isn't. I thought that it looked like a bigger bird:-( Still think it is a Babbler though, but which one? But I am probably barking up the wrong tree altogether.

You could write in it being a Striped-Tit Babbler...may be it is the Singhii race...large size...:'D....lol..3:)..you may be still right...why cant there be some Striped-Tit babblers of a bigger size..mmmmmmmm...Regards.:t:

Doc, despite your size comments it still looks a dead ringer for a (Pin-)Striped Tit Babbler.

You sure your 2x comment isn't just that the babbler is more bulky looking - its length is going to be about the same as the sunbird.

Doc, despite your size comments it still looks a dead ringer for a (Pin-)Striped Tit Babbler.

You sure your 2x comment isn't just that the babbler is more bulky looking - its length is going to be about the same as the sunbird.

I bow to the expert..lol...Tit's always confuse me...thinking back..i must say..it appeared bigger...i am no expert on size and length..lol.3:)..i hope and as you believe it is Striped-Tit babbler...then it is my lifer B :)B :)Thank you my friend viator and hanno.Regards.:t:

Yes, Striped Tit-Babbler, size is always difficult to judge ( as "she who must be obeyed" is always telling me 3:) ) particularly when in foliage. Malaysian ST-B's are much more stripey than Vietnamese ones, if my memory serves me correctly. Nice one Doc. :t:
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back