• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thailand Khao Yai Natl Park (1 Viewer)

glazzers

Need Help with these three seen in Khao Yai Natl Park in November

Many Thanks

Attachments

• _MG_5852.JPG
    _MG_5852.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 100
  • _MG_5923.JPG
    _MG_5923.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 165
  • _MG_6062.JPG
    _MG_6062.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 147
The raptor might be a Jerdon's Baza. Barring on primaries and underparts, plus hint of tail bands all seem better for that IMO. Plus the size and jizz don't seem right for a Hawk Eagle, but happy to be wrong!

Looks ok for CHE to me - wings wrong for a baza too....not the best view!!
Was going more on tail shape for 2 Will, looks like two outermost tail feathers are curved

Last edited:
Could the second one be a female Fairy Bluebird?

tail is too long for Fairy Bluebird, it should also be black on that species.

I see where you're coming from with the tail feathers, but I was thinking it might be about to/just finishing a tail flick? I'm still not 100% on it being a Drongo given the apparent size of the bird

but then again I might be misjudging the size of those leaves...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back