• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the December 2005 photo competition (1 Viewer)

IanF

Congratulations to the winners of this months competition :t:

From the original 51 entries all entered into the Voting Booth the voting went -

1st poscardcv with the entry - festive thrush which attracted 13/149 votes.

2nd Marise with Merry Christmas to all which attracted 10/149 votes.

Joint third place were -

Nigel G with the entry Brrrrrr.rr...! with 8/149 votes and

GerryHerd with the entry Merry Christmas, Birdforum with 8/149 votes.

Congratulations to each of you and to every one who entered and thank you to everyone who participated in the voting :t:

The entries will be left in place for a few days after which they will be moved to their appropriate forums.

Details of the next theme challenge along with a list of themes for 2006 will follow.

You mean only 8 of us voted for the Heron as a shepherd and only 149 votes in total.
I thought more people would've joined in.

Congratulations Peter, yours was a beautiful photo and a well deserved winner. :clap:

I reckon Christmas fun slowed the voting down, but well done to all runners up too.

Good luck to all who enter 2006's competitions

Congratulations postcardcv! You deserved to win with Festive Thrush. I look forward to more pictures from you as yours are always of a high standard.
Joanne

Congratulations to all of the top-rated shots this month - a real neck-and-neck race this time!

Thanks to those who voted for my shot - looking forward to the new year's competitions and hoping to get a higher share of the votes. Taking part is definitely a good way of improving how you look for shots and how you select 'the' photo from the also-rans.

thanks one and all - and congrats to all the others, clearly a very tight run thing this month.

Once again, I'm amazed at the high quality of the entries. The winners are all uniformly terrific, in my humble opinion.

And the abundance of robin photos made me truly realize why that little charmer is so beloved . . . wish we had them on this side of the pond!

Congratulations,Pete,well done,and well done to the runners up.Pity more members do not take part in the voting.

christineredgate said:
Pity more members do not take part in the voting.

I quite agree - I think I managed to win with the lowest number of votes in any of the photo comps on this site...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back