• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B&W paintings (1 Viewer)

Thanks guys. Here's a wren I did a few months ago, in pencil. I've been doing some with black and white acrylic recently, which I've not used for years so it's taking some getting used to. Will post them soon...

Attachments

• wren.jpg
    wren.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 53
Hi,
here are the first couple of acrylics...kept them simple!..

Attachments

• egret reduced.jpg
    egret reduced.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 49
  • coal tit reduced.jpg
    coal tit reduced.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 57
Cheers Paschalis and Ed...
I've been carrying on in acrylics for the local bird report...I've only limited experience of these three species (that's my excuse for any glaring errors!)...pec san, leo and golden oriole...

Attachments

• pectoral sandpiper resized.jpg
    pectoral sandpiper resized.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 45
  • l e owl resized.jpg
    l e owl resized.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 47
  • golden oriole resized.jpg
    golden oriole resized.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 46
...and a couple more common in these parts...

Attachments

• nuthatch resized.jpg
    nuthatch resized.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 43
  • oystercatcher resized.jpg
    oystercatcher resized.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for the comments Ken and Mackem - much appreciated!..
Here are a few more rarities, the last of this batch. Green-winged teal, glossy ibis and a couple of first-winter penduline tits...

Attachments

• g w teal resized.jpg
    g w teal resized.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 45
  • glossy ibis resized 2.jpg
    glossy ibis resized 2.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 45
  • penduline tit resized.jpg
    penduline tit resized.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for the comments Ken and Mackem - much appreciated!..
Here are a few more rarities, the last of this batch. Green-winged teal, glossy ibis and a couple of first-winter penduline tits...

There's a very high success rate in this series- seems like you've found a way of doing that really suits.

Blew the cobwebs off some colours this evening and realised after a few minutes that a) they're more enjoyable than I remember and b) I really need to see more Firecrests...

Attachments

• resized firecrest.jpg
    resized firecrest.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 118
A quick green woodpecker...hope to develop my watercolour technique over the next few months!..

Attachments

• resized woodpecker.jpg
    resized woodpecker.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 102
A quick green woodpecker...hope to develop my watercolour technique over the next few months!..

You are really going somewhere with this stuff. These last two (like their predecessors) have that bit of extra about them- the shape of the leaf on the F'crest, bit of curve to give character to the G Woodpecker bill.

You are really going somewhere with this stuff. These last two (like their predecessors) have that bit of extra about them- the shape of the leaf on the F'crest, bit of curve to give character to the G Woodpecker bill.

Ed says it well. Simple but still lively and full of character.

That Firecrest is just.. smooth. 'Straight to the point', the colours transition really well. Keep going at the watercolour, it seems to be your match!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back