• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (1 Viewer)

New to forum

Just like to say hello, looking forward to a interesting few months in UK (Worcestershire) with the incredibly mild winter weather and frequent storms, off to see if I can catch a glimpse of a hoopoe spotted close by.

Starting my yard list

1st-8th
1#Magpie
2#Herring Gull
3#Carrion Crow
4#Blackbird
5#Cole tit
6#Blue tit
7#House sparrow
8# Robin
9#Wood pigeon
10#Robin
11#Great tit
12# Long tailed tit
13#Nuthatch
14#Rook
Going for a wander along river Severn

Two more for me today:

Feral Pigeon & 43: Song Thrush

Welcome to the thread, Namyerg. (Are you really grey? )

Last edited:
Two more for me today:

Feral Pigeon & 43: Song Thrush

You are racing away as usual.....rain rain rain here but these to add in the last few days.

25) Blackbird
26) Coal Tit
27) Mallard (on the flooded field)
28) Cormorant
29) Meadow Pipit
30) Bullfinch
31) Pied Wagtail

Sounds like your new location is an interesting one Josh, what's the habitat around and about like there?

Two locally common ones finally graced us with a visit today:

29 Goldfinch
30 Mistle Thrush

Wild and windy with snow forecast, perhaps some bad weather movements will result :eek!:

Sounds like your new location is an interesting one Josh, what's the habitat around and about like there?

Yea, it is! I am enjoying it here. Still not sure if it will be as good as my previous yard was. But, we shall see! :t: I think we have more habitat here which is a good thing. Well.. we have a nice stream that runs through the property. There is a field behind our house with a large wooded area beyond the field. And across the road we have more fields and forest. Most of our trees here are deciduous with small amounts of coniferous mixed in.

Attached are a few photos, so you can get an idea of how my scenery looks in the summer months.

Attachments

• 20150823_110545.jpg
    20150823_110545.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 20150815_173525.jpg
    20150815_173525.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 20150808_164211.jpg
    20150808_164211.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 20150717_111803.jpg
    20150717_111803.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 171
Yea, it is! I am enjoying it here. Still not sure if it will be as good as my previous yard was. But, we shall see! :t: I think we have more habitat here which is a good thing. Well.. we have a nice stream that runs through the property. There is a field behind our house with a large wooded area beyond the field. And across the road we have more fields and forest. Most of our trees here are deciduous with small amounts of coniferous mixed in.

Attached are a few photos, so you can get an idea of how my scenery looks in the summer months.

Looks like some nice habitat. Still upstate New York?

Two more for me:
32) Sparrowhawk
33) Redwing

1. White-tailed Eagle
2. Great Spotted Woodpecker
3. Middle Spotted Woodpecker
4. Great Tit
5. Blue Tit
6. Marsh Tit
7. Raven
8. Jay
9. Magpie

Serious snow coming down now, looking to be quite good over the next few days. As many as five or six White-backed Woodpeckers using the feeders now, quite impressive.

10.Grey-headed Woodpecker
11. White-backed Woodpecker
12. Black Woodpecker
13. Hooded Crow
14. Greenfinch

I think people with more than half a hectare of land should be banned from this thread - that's not gardens within the normal meaning! 3:)

I think people with more than half a hectare of land should be banned from this thread - that's not gardens within the normal meaning! 3:)

I would assume you are referring to me. ;) I think 2 hectare (5 acres) is fair (considering I am sacrificing a lot of land ;) ). That is about what I am counting now for my yard list on here.

I would assume you are referring to me. ;) I think 2 hectare (5 acres) is fair (considering I am sacrificing a lot of land ;) ). That is about what I am counting now for my yard list on here.

Nutty is being a cheeky monkey Josh, we're all jealous of you and Jos, but size isn't everything ;), my garden at Selsey was tiny, but thanks to my 'scope and a view of the sea I achieved a total of 125 after 16 years peering out of the garden:t:

Mine's less than a hundred square feet, about as far inland you can get, a few hundred feet up towards the moors - but does have a view out along and across the small valley.

I enjoy reading about all the birds you see and your positions whether its less than a hundred square feet as halftwo with his amazing amount of birds over the year , Richards paradise in les Alpes , Jos in Lithuania and the Falcon with five acres and many ,many others. We are all members of this garden /yard yearly site and its great to know of you all and your beautiful birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back