• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common starling with white tail (1 Viewer)

cazort

I see starlings all the time and there are thousands of them here...huge flocks...I suppose some variation makes sense. I saw one with a mostly white tail a while back.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen something like this (or any other color variants) of this common bird...

I beleive my grandmother used to spin tales of a white tailed starling. But we all thought she was crazy, and had her institutionalized.

Hmm, seems she was right, thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I owe her an apology.

Just as pandachris' link shows:

We also had an all white one here in Somerset with the roost on the Levels all through last winter.

Sue.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back