• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plans for a Dovecote (1 Viewer)

quark

Built three nest boxes from old planks - two for great tits and one for owl. The first two were occupied within 24 hours and successfully reared 8 great tits in each box. Nothing in the owl box at the moment.
It has encouraged me to build something more adventurous and was thinking about a dovecote. However searching the net for plans and measurements for a dovecote has proved fruitless.
Can someone please either send me a set of plans or point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Quark

Hi, Quark and Paul,

Probably the reason you're having a difficult time finding help here is due to BirdForum being concerned only with wild birds. I'm sure there are other forums on the 'net where caged/captive birds and their enclosures are discussed. Even a cursory Google search reveals thousands of such sites, many of them based in the UK.

Would wild doves be interested in nesting in a dovecote? like a 'bird box for doves' ?

I have loads of doves in my area, regular garden visitors. At my parents garden they especially like to take a shower in my dad's garden water feature.

Andy V said:
Would wild doves be interested in nesting in a dovecote? like a 'bird box for doves' ?

I have loads of doves in my area, regular garden visitors. At my parents garden they especially like to take a shower in my dad's garden water feature.
I'm sorry, Andy, but I can't answer your question about bird enclosures. You really need to go to another site where caged doves and their habits are discussed.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back