• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Storm spotting? (1 Viewer)

Did someone say "storm"? Colour me yellow but I'd go for a JMI reverse binocular telescope on a fast moving vehicle going thadaway :

Attachments

• jmi.jpg
    jmi.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 74
Yep. And such a shame the sequel with the number where Aunt Em sings "I wish I had a bionic deltoid" never made it past feasibility |=)|

I have not purchased a new binocular for spotting, but i imagine i will at some point convince myself it is ah, necessary...
I have ended up using the proverbial best binocular, i.e. the one with me at the time!
I have also taken from storage a pair of 7x50 Alderblick porros (7 degree fov) that i used to use for astro stuff before gettind the12x50 SE for that. The Alderblick has accessory dew/sun shades, that actually help with stray rain drops before it really starts raining.
I have also discovered the using any glass in torrential rain/ high wind is going to be a skill i need to learn.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back